2023 ATCA Scholarships
The application period opens on March 13th and closes on May 1st.
SCHOLARSHIP FAQS AND TIPS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
I am not a U.S. Citizen. Can I apply for a scholarship?
ATCA Scholarships are for US Citizens Only.
Can I send my letters of recommendation separately from my scholarship application?
Yes; however, the letters of recommendation must be received by ATCA no later than May 1, 2023, in order for the application to be considered.
Can my letters of recommendation be from family members?
The best ones are written by someone from outside of your immediate family; someone who has known you for over a year has regular contact with you and can attest to your character, initiative, and performance results.
To whom should the letters of recommendation be addressed?
Letters should be addressed to the ATCA Scholarship Committee.
Do you have to be in an aviation school to apply?
You must be accepted to enroll or are enrolled, and you must provide written confirmation of your matriculation before awarded funds are dispersed to your school's bursar's office.
Are you strict about the application deadline?
Yes. Applications received after May 1st will not be considered.
Will I be notified when my application was received?
Yes, you will receive an email upon receipt of your scholarship application submission.
What if I cannot write my essay in under 500 Words? Will you still accept it?
This is an excellent opportunity to have someone you regard/respect review your essay. Good editing will allow you to share your story in 500 words or less. Spend time on your essay and tell your story.
What should be in the letters of recommendation?
Your letters of recommendation should highlight something significant the author wants the scholarship committee to know about you and why the committee should strongly consider you for selection as a scholarship recipient.
TIPS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR BEST APPLICATION:
- Read the requirements and follow all directions paying attention to the details.
- If a certified transcript is required – be sure it is certified
- Can I write more than 500 words in my essay? Please keep essays within the specified word count.
- Don’t miss the deadline and start early.
- Make sure your application package is complete and ALL requested material is included. Incomplete application packages will not be reviewed.
- Do not include things that are not requested in the application – i.e. photos, videos, etc.
- Proofread and review thoroughly before submission and consider having a mentor review for completeness prior to submission.